On the reading front, I've been very busy as usual:
- Nothing But The Right Thing -- Stacey Hawkins Adams (Reviewed this one for Sormag. I liked it but it wasn't one of my top reads of the month.)
- That Summer on American Beach -- Janice Sims (I won this in a contest and read it voraciously. As expected, loved it! So much so, that I read it twice. My review is posted on amazon.com. See the link below.)
- Wedded Bliss -- Susan K. Downs, Kristy Dykes, Sally Laity (Refreshing anthology about love over the age of 40. Enjoyable.)
- Freshwater Road -- Denise Nichols (Longer read than I've done in a while but worth it. Very powerful.)
- This Time Forever -- Janice Sims (I do have my favorites!)
- Forbidden Heart -- Felicia Mason (Another favorite author) I'm reading the series out of order but it doesn't matter.
- Flippin' the Script -- Aisha Ford (first one by this author; will definitely look for more; easy to read, compact writing style markedly different from a lot of stuff out there)
- Masquerade: One Mask Cannot Be Disguise -- Jill Stengl, Tamela Hancock Murray, Pamela Griffin and Bonnie Blythe (Nice anthology. Liked the common thread of the mask running through each story. Haven't read any historical fiction in a while and this kind of reawakened my interest in it.)
- Brides o' The Emerald Isle -- Vickie McDonough, Pamela Griffin and Tamela Hancock Murray (Took me a bit to get into this one. I probably wouldn't have selected myself but needed to read it for other reasons. Once I did, it was okay.)
- Veteran's Way -- Robin Lee Hatcher (part of the Hart's Crossings series. Delightful is the word that comes to mind. Catching up on the series will be fun in between other reads.)
- Rosie's Curl and Weave -- Felicia Mason, Frances Ray, Rochelle Alers, Donna Hill (I wasn't sure if I'd read it before but turns out I had. Enjoyed the re-read.)
- Come Fall -- Marcia King-Gamble (liked it; even got a trip to Venice)
- The Holiday Wife -- Roberta Gayle (in progress but so far, so good; another trip abroad, this time to Egypt)
I think there were 1 or 2 others but the power jack on my laptop died and it took a few weeks to get it fixed.
On the writing front, I'm definitely making progress. I submitted my first confession story mid-April and got an acceptance contract at the end of May. (Yayyy!)
I have two more confession stories in progress. I think I'll make a new goal to submit at least two of these a month. They're great for polishing the writing chops.
Now I have to make time to work on my longer novel. I am trying desperately not to get swallowed by The Blog! Been reading and posting on a number of blogs but I think I'll keep it down to a few favorites and leave the rest of the electronic world to its own devices. You'll find the blogs I in my Favorites section to the right.
Peace & Blessings,
Link to review on Amazon.com for That Summer at American Beach: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/customer-reviews/158314627X/ref=cm_cr_dp_pt/104-7360562-9123126?%5Fencoding=UTF8&n=283155&s=books
Peace & Blessings,
Stay focused. Be deliberate. Believe.